« Back to Material for Readers
The following is a set of online and printed resources that we believe can be useful in daily Django and Python development. Some of these links are also present in our chapter-by-chapter listings, but many of them have not been mentioned in the book and are simply extra resources we wanted to share.
Editors and IDEs
Web server setups
Example Django applications
There is a lot of open source Django code available online. Reading the source of established Django projects can be a great way to learn more about the framework. Our recommended starting points include:
Google App Engine
Google App Engine Helper for Django
- Python For Dummies
- Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner, 2nd ed.
- Michael Dawson, Course Technology, 2005
Introduction to Computing and Programming in Python: A Multimedia Approach
- Mark Guzdial, Prentice Hall, 2005
Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science
Learn to Program Using Python
- Python Fundamentals (LiveLessons DVD Video Training)
- Learning Python, 3rd ed.
- Core Python Programming, 2nd ed.
- Programming Python, 3rd ed.
- Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional
- Beginning Python: Programmer to Programmer
- P. Norton, A. Samuel, D. Aitel, E. Foster-Johnson, Wrox, 2005
- Dive into Python
- Python Phrasebook
- Python in a Nutshell, 2nd ed.
- Alex Martelli, O'Reilly, 2006
- Python Essential Reference, 3rd ed.
- David M. Beazley, Sams, 2006
- Python Cookbook, 2nd ed.
- (ed.) A. Martelli, A. Ravenscroft, D. Ascher, O'Reilly, 2005
- Python Pocket Reference, 3rd ed.
- Mark Lutz, O'Reilly, 2005
« Material for Readers